Sunday, December 3, 2006

Day One

I am making Sunday my official weigh day. Last night it was 251.4, but this morning it was back down to 248.0. I am planning on weighing once a week, but we will see. I am hoping to loose 4 lbs by the new year. Actually, as I think about what is left of the month, I am going for 2 lbs. My desire is to do something easily doable, and trying to loose over the holiday season is going to be enough of a challenge.

My food intake for the day is 2 packages of instant oatmeal with butter and Splenda, a small package of cashews, Dea burger, low carb bar, 2 little packages of trail mix, 4 pieces of american cheese, and that is it. I am quite hungry, so will probably get a snack before bed. I am planning on having peanut butter and sugar free pickle on a low carb tortilla. Not all low carb, but nothing without being hungry, and nothing past the first flush of full.

I did not make it to exercise today, but did get to look at the Bible. Not a lot of time spent, but did turn my thoughts to Jesus. I think my main goal, other than the food itself, is to spend time in the Bible daily. Nothing else, in spite of my obsessive/compulsive personality. Romans 6, always a brain buster. I am free of sin, yielding myself to the law that I follow. Unfortunately, I seem to yield myself to sin more often than not. Why can't I act free from these bonds? In Psalms, going along with Romans, it says that I did not put away his statutes from me, that I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine inquity. Further on in chapter 18, it says for thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my god will enlighten my darkness. The verse I really love is how thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. How much my god loves me.

So, tomorrow, I will continue ponder on these scriptures, as I go though the day and it's temptations. I will try to get some exercise in, but mostly I will try to be obedient. No, I will not try but will do it.

No comments: